Takashi Wada 和田崇史
I am currently a Ph.D candidate at the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
mail: twada at student.unimelb.edu.au
- Cross-lingual Word Embedding
- Multiword Expression
- Acceptability of Language
- Unsupervised Learning for NLP
- 8/2017 - 3/2019: Research intern at NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Japan
Research topic: Unsupervised Multilingual Word/Sentence Embedding
- Takashi Wada, Tomoharu Iwata, Yuji Matsumoto, Timothy Baldwin and Jey Han Lau. 2021.
Learning Contextualised Cross-lingual Word Embeddings and Alignments for Extremely Low-Resource Languages Using Parallel Corpora.
In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Multilingual Representation Learning, colocated with EMNLP 2021.
[Best Paper Award]
- Yuya Sawada, Takashi Wada, Takayoshi Shibahara, Hiroki Teranishi, Shuhei Kondo, Hiroyuki Shindo, Taro Watanabe, and Yuji Matsumoto. 2020.
Coordination boundary identification without labeled data for compound terms disambiguation.
In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), pages 3043–3049, Barcelona,Spain (Online).
- Takashi Wada, Tomoharu Iwata, and Yuji Matsumoto. 2019.
Unsupervised Multilingual Word Embedding with Limited Resources using Neural Language Models.
In Proceedings of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pages 3113–3124, Florence, Italy.
- Best Paper Award, Nov 2021
The 1st Workshop on Multilingual Representation Learning, colocated with EMNLP 2021 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Young Researcher's Award, Dec 2019
The 243th Meeting of Special Interest Group of Natural Language Processing (IPSJ-SIGNL, 自然言語処理研究会), Japan
- IPSJ Yamashita SIG Research Award, Mar 2019
Information Processing Society of Japan (情報処理学会)
- Excellent Research Award, Dec 2017
The 234th Meeting of Special Interest Group of Natural Language Processing (IPSJ-SIGNL, 自然言語処理研究会), Japan